Website Diocese of Algoma
Archbishop Anne Germond is now accepting applications for the position of full time Incumbent at St. Michael and All Angels Anglican Church which is located in Thunder Bay in the Diocese of Algoma. The parish profile is available on the Diocese of Algoma website (www.dioceseofalgoma.com)
St. Michael and All Angels is a warm, loving, and welcoming community of faith. The congregation has seen two years of change but it has also seen a resurgence of energy and engagement from parishioners.
They have, most recently, been working with a Bishop in Residence who has provided strong leadership, engaged with the congregation, and moved them into a more stable position financially. Their focus now is on mission and stewardship.
They have many seniors, but the mix of older and younger, different ethnicities and education provide a myriad of gifts to start afresh.
The parish has three part-time employees: an administrative assistant, a maintenance man, and are recruiting for a Music Director.
Some of the qualities they are praying for in their next Incumbent are:
- Hardworking and energetic
- Pastoral and willing to visit in hospitals, care settings, and parishioner’s homes
- Nurtures and maintains connections
- Thoughtful and thought-provoking preacher
- Inspiring teacher of the Christian faith to all ages
- Capable administrator
- Cheerleader in all things spiritual, both old and new, traditional, and modern
They state that “the priest that is called to us might not be everything we think we want, but they may bring what we did not know we needed. We are prayerfully open to where God leads us.”
At this time, the Archbishop will only consider those individuals who are within the Anglican Church of Canada.
Please ensure that you provide the following information with your application:
- If you are resident outside of the Diocese of Algoma, a signed statement confirming that you have received permission from your bishop to make application to this diocese;
- A current curriculum vitae;
- A letter of application introducing yourself and describing why you think you are suited to this position; and
- The names and contact information for three references. As a matter of courtesy and due diligence, we will be contacting the existing or former bishops of those who have been short-listed.
Applicants are asked to submit, along with their CV, a response to why you believe that God is calling you to be the next incumbent of St. Michael and All Angels and something about your vision for ministry in this parish.
For more information about St. Michael and All Angels, or to apply for this position please email Archbishop Anne through her Administrative Assistant, Liz Hamel ([email protected]). Please note that not all candidates will be interviewed for this position. If you are not moving forward to be interviewed the Diocesan Archdeacon, Jay Koyle, will notify you.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org