Website Trinity Anglican Church Sarnia
A Community of Hope
Young Families Minister[i]
Trinity Anglican Church, Sarnia
Trinity Church, Sarnia, is a multi-generational, mission-oriented, welcoming community of Hope, focused on making mature disciples of Jesus Christ, who are committed to bringing Christ’s healing to a hurting world. We believe this starts with and is sustained by the family, the primary formers of young people. Effective ministry with young people and with young adults, must support family life and the family’s efforts to accompany their children in discovering and deepening their relationships with Jesus, forming missionary disciples.
This is a newly created full-time, in- person, salaried position with the following focus:
Build, lead and support a young families ministry team to reach, teach, and mobilize young families in our church and community.
- Discern and address the needs and interests of young families in our church and wider community,
- Invite and encourage families into a welcoming environment, conducive to growing relationships with Jesus and with one another
- Engage young families in Gospel learning and missional engagement
- Offer opportunities for young families to participate in the on-going life of the parish and in outreach to the community
- A maturing faith in Jesus Christ our Lord
- A passion for faith-development in young people, drawing them into the life, mission and ministry of the church.
- Ability to confidently communicate their faith to parents, children and youth,
Education and/or experience in working with children, youth or young families in Christian ministry
- Agreement with Trinity’s statement of faith, vision, and mission (see website)
Clear police criminal record check and adherence to Parish and Diocesan Safe Church guidelines.
- Ability to legally work in Canada
- Fluency in English
- Strong administrative, organizational, communication, and leadership skills
- Relational style of leadership, outreach, and ministry
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in teams and independently
- Capacity to lead in developing a culture of accompaniment (intentional relationships)within the entire parish, engaging all in the work of mentoring young people and welcoming young families.
- Ability to motivate and mentor others in Christian service
- Ability to support parents and grandparents in their role as first witnesses of the faith.
- Digital literacy and responsibility
- Familiar with social media platforms
- Collaborate with Trinity staff and actively participate in Staff Meetings
- Participate in the ongoing life of the Church, including regular participation in Sunday worship services
- Provide team leadership to develop strategies for discipleship and outreach, for children, youth, and young families
- Team responsibilities to include ministries such as Vacation Bible School, Sunday School, Family nights, Youth Ministry, etc.
- Oversee and take a share in planning and leading children, youth, and young family programs and events
- In collaboration with others, oversee and/or coordinate events for the community and families
- Primary reporting for this position is to the Rector and the Parish Executive.
The Rector to provide oversight, mentoring and ongoing support to the Young Families Minister.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply in person to Trinity Church, Sarnia:
email: [email protected] 1194 Murphy Road, Sarnia, ON N7S 2Y2
Please Note: Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
There will be a three-month probationary period for the successful candidate.
[i] By using the term minister in this job title, we are not implying that we are seeking someone who is ordained or hoping to one day be ordained. All Christians are called to ministry or service by virtue of their baptism. The person we seek as our Young Families Minister could just as easily be called Young Families Ministry Leader.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org